We are always in need of people who love children and have a heart to serve!
Visiting Ethiopia is like stepping back in time to a culture that is nearly as primitive as it was when Jesus walked the earth some 2,000 years ago. It’s a rare opportunity to see first-hand what life was like so long ago, while ministering to and touching the lives of people in need.
There are nearly 200 orphaned and impoverished children in our care. With no government programs to help them, these children are truly the poorest of the poor. They struggle with the basics of life in ways that are difficult to imagine until you’ve seen it first-hand. Most of the children are full or partial orphans, having lost one or both parents to illness or other tragedies. There are countless ways that Blessing the Children ministers to these precious children. Some of the outreaches you may consider include:
- Feeding Programs – Serving daily meals at the BCI Academy.
- Children & Youth Ministry – Vacation Bible School, art camp, field day, craft events, dramas, puppets, Bible stories, youth gatherings and devotionals.
- Sports Ministry – Soccer, football, baseball, basketball and volleyball are just a few ideas.
- School Ministry – Aide teachers, teach special subjects, participate in recess, tutor students, fellowship with children before & after school.
- Service Projects – Home repairs for widows and impoverished families, building furniture, painting, constructing sanitary facilities, providing food & home visits.
- Church Ministries – Attend and participate in church services, Sunday school classes and prayer meetings, visiting shut-ins, ministering to pastor’s wives and otherwise assisting the pastoral staff of local churches.
- Adult Ministry – Parenting classes, Bible studies, leadership training, coffee & tea socials to minister to the women, and special men’s gatherings.
Although life in a third-world country isn’t easy, we strive to make our missionaries as comfortable as possible. During your trip you will stay in a guest house that has most of the amenities of home: kitchen, living room, bedrooms, running water and electricity. There is also internet in town to help you stay in touch with family and friends back home.
You will have an opportunity to serve in whatever way you feel called. We will work with you to plan a trip that utilizes your skills and passions and leaves an impact on you and the lives you touch.
If you feel called to serve with us, filling out an application is the first step in setting up your trip.